Are you interested in a sports management role? RAF Sport are advertising for a Deputy Director to join the team.
About the job:
Day to day implementation of the RAF Sport Strategy through the conduits of sport and wider policy, governance and assurance . Interaction with RAF Sport headquarters staff and those of 22 Group headquarters. Coordination with UK Armed Forces Sports Board and other Service’s sports Boards. Working with and building strong relationships with internal stakeholders including the RAF Central Fund, RAF Sports Federation and Robson Academy and external agencies eg Sport England.
A full UK driving licence holder would be desirable.
The applicant will be required to demonstrate experience of:
1. Understanding of the strategic context for organisations through to the delivery of outcomes.
2. Defence or similar governance relating to sport or similar activities.
3. Safety and risk management and assurance systems.
4. Working at up to Board/Executive Team levels.
5. Building strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels, and the use of information to influence them.
6. Verbal, written communications and other information means to good effect.
7. Leading and empowering other team members.
8. Program, project and budget planning and management, including the development and delivery of business cases.
Other desirable experience is:
1. Working in a senior management role within a public, charity or non-for-profit organisation.
2. Working with the wider sports sector in the UK